Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend Report

Friday it rained in the morning. I was going to take a day off, but when I saw the rain I just had to go outside and run at noon. Unfortunately the rain had stopped, and I ran in the humidity. I did 5.4 miles at just under eight and a half minute per mile pace.

Saturday I was at Veterans Park at 5:30 a.m. I ran along 21st Street, through Woodward Park, around Swan Lake, and back to Veterans Park - three miles. Then the group started arriving. The group did seven miles together. I told everyone to start out slow because the humidity was much worse than it seemed just standing there. It about wiped me out on my three mile jaunt. So, off we went. I ran with Ron to the pedestrian bridge, across the river, and south to the 3.5 mile marker. From there I told him to go on while I stayed back and made sure everyone turned around at the right place. Good thing too, because some would have kept going. There was a half marathon trainee who didn't know where to turn around and ended up running about six miles when she was supposed to run four. That was the most she had ever run.

When I got to the Midland Valley Trail I decided I would try to catch up with a few people, so I picked up the pace. There are some markers every 100 meters, and judging by those I was going about a 7:45 pace. At 21st I caught Charlie, Ron, Pattie, and the other runners with them. I ran with them a while and then ran hard the last quarter mile to the finish. After that a bunch of us ran an additional five miles through downtown and the OSU-Tulsa campus.

Total miles for the day was 15. Total miles for the week was 46.9.

No comments: