Friday, June 27, 2008

Thursday's Runs

Ran from downtown along Midland Valley Trail to the pedestrian bridge and back at lunch - a little over five miles. It was dreadfully hot. Did the first two and a half miles at a pace of 8:10 per mile, but the heat got me toward the end, and I walked whenever I was in the shade and ran in the sun.

For the evening group run, I had the privilege of running with Keri. It was her first time out with the group, and she is training for the White Rock Marathon. She normally runs about four miles in the mornings, and she doesn't time herself, so she doesn't know what her normal pace is. We started out at a pretty brisk pace in the 8:30 to 9 minute range. She kept thinking she was slowing me down, but in that heat I didn't want to go any faster. We thought about going five miles, but she said the pace seemed a little bit faster than her normal pace, so I suggested we limit the run to four. The last mile or so the heat began to take its toll, and we did slow and even walk some. Keri is a good runner, and I can hardly wait to see how she does as she builds up to the marathon distance. Here is a picture of her that I "stole" off of the RunnersWorld blog.

1 comment:

RunnersWorld-Tulsa said...

Pictures on the RW blog are just like cupcakes on the table at RW. They are yours for the taking!! :-)