Monday, June 16, 2008

Running In the Rain

I'm running in the rain
Just running in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I dash down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singing, and
Running in the rain



Another rainy Monday, and I love it! At noon I ran from downtown south on Boston to 15th to Cincinnati to Woodward to Owasso, through Woodward Park, south on Terwilliger to St Louis, north on St Louis to 22nd, to Troost, to Utica, north on Utica to 15th, back to Boston, north on Boston to about 10th, over to Main, and back to 3rd Street. Six point three miles of pure pleasure! Did it in a pace of 8:10 per mile, and I felt great.

Saturday's run was good too. The RunnersWorld Tulsa marathon group started at Veteran's Park, went north on the river trail to 11th, crossed to the west bank, went south on the west bank trail to the pedestrian bridge, followed the Midland Valley Trail to 15th, went west to Boston, and then went south on Boston, west on 18th, and finished at the Route 66 Marathon finish line. Total distance was 6 miles for those who stayed on the course and did not accidentally turn too early. I did quite a bit of running up and back to check on the group, and afterwards ran some extra miles with Joe and Paula, most of them looking for Bobbie. I estimate that I did about 13 miles total at a pace that varied from 8 to 10 and a half minutes per mile. It was a good run, but my bursitis in my left heel hurt a bit after the run. I took the edge off the pain with some ibuprofen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not lost, just a little slow.
Thanks everyone for looking for me.