Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday Evening Run

I ran with the RunnersWorld group this evening. Since work on the trail has started around 41st Street, we took a different route. We headed west from the store and weaved south and west through the neighborhood until we arrived at Riverside just north of Hwy 44. That was roughly a mile from the store.

The group then headed south. I went with Vicky, Andy, Dustin, and Gina (who I ran with some on Saturday), and we were doing about an 8:40 pace. After two and a half miles Gina and I turned around, but the other three kept going because they were going six miles. Gina's longest run to date was the six miles she ran Saturday. I had a good time running with her and look forward to many more runs. I have a feeling that before this training cycle is over she will be leaving me in the dust.

I also met Jason and Lisa tonight. They signed up for the beginner marathon group, and I met them Saturday, but didn't remember their names tonight. Maybe putting the names down on this blog will help me remember.

I also met Beth and Leslie, who are beginning walkers.

What a wonderful evening!

No comments: